For the past few months, I’ve been struggling with the idea of making it easier for my readers to get notified of new content I’m putting out.
While I do have an email newsletter that you can subscribe to, I don’t push it very hard, relegating it to a simple link in the top-right corner.
And yes, I have a YouTube channel where you can subscribe to all of the videos I’m making, but YouTube’s algorithm is always changing. Out of my (currently) 1,200 subscribers, the amount of people that actually get notified of new videos is maybe 20-30%.
That’s not good enough for me.
On top of all of this, I don’t want to be the only one creating content here. Many of you have some great ideas and inspiring stories to share but don’t have the platform to do so.
So, I’ve been searching for a way to solve all of this. I needed a tool that would allow me to:
- Better communicate with my followers, subscribers and customers.
- Offer a super simple way for my followers to get notified of my latest content.
- Enable my followers to connect with one another and exchange knowledge and ideas and partner up.
- Build a comprehensive knowledge base full of the best info on how to start and grow a web design business.
- Retain full control of the platform without being subject to evolving algorithms and terms of service.
- Do all of this without costing a fortune.
I think I’ve finally found something that will accomplish all of this and more…
Say hello to Launchers, the new social network I’ve built
I know what you’re thinking.
“Patrick, Facebook and Twitter are worth billions of dollars, have billions of users and require entire cities to keep them functioning. How could you have possibly built something similar.”
Well, it is the same. And I’d argue it’s even better.
What’s the definition of a social network anyway?
“An online service or site through which people create and maintain interpersonal relationships.”
This is exactly what I’ve made.
I built a place where people can gather to discuss and exchange information around topics that interest them. More specifically, topics around web design and online business.
But my network is free from annoying ads, political propaganda, privacy controversies and horrible people. (your move Facebook… 👀)
It’s simple, fun, useful and free. That is, it can be…
Any social network is only as good as the people who use it. The biggest challenge that I face is growing the userbase.
I’m not looking for huge numbers here. I specifically chose an incredibly narrow niche so as to keep the engagement high and the content quality stellar.
Nonetheless, getting the word out and filling the platform with useful content will be difficult. There’s nothing worse than signing up for a new, exciting social network only to get inside and find a ghost town.
Which is why I need your help…
Here’s what I want Launchers to accomplish
I created Launchers to bring together the people most important to me in a way that’s focused, valuable, and–most importantly–all our own. There’s no question it’s a different approach.
I’m aiming to make your experience there awesome. I want you to get five key things from Launchers:
- Experience exclusive content and conversations you can’t find anywhere else.
- Meet people in the web design industry who live near you, who do the same things, or who care about the same topics.
- Make better, more well-informed decisions to help you grow your web design business faster.
- Swap stories, experiences, and ideas (not necessarily advice) around our shared mission.
- Find a little inspiration, thought-provoking conversation, and expert perspective each and every day.
To make this a reality, I’m going to need your help. Every time you contribute a story, experience, or idea, you’re building a knowledge base every member of this community can tap into to make better decisions.
And when you invite in as few as two new members, you’re adding rocket fuel to what this community can accomplish together. It doesn’t get any better than that, right?
That being said, I don’t want you to just start spamming your contact lists. Remember, we’re looking for people who are interested in building a successful web design business.
If you know anyone who you think would be interested in that, let them know!
Let’s get building!
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, you can sign up here.
As always, thank you for reading and watching and following and listening. I hope I can continue to be worth your time!