I feel both a sense of accomplishment, and extremely grateful, to have experienced ongoing success in building businesses over the last 3 decades.
From digital agencies, to IT and management consulting, to inventing ozone dry cleaning machines for professional sports teams. (for real, ask me about it)
I couldn’t help but learn a few things along the way. And I’m ready to share one of the most powerful tools in my marketing toolbox with you.
But first, a few things to note:
1) I’m not an artist or a designer, so I partner with people who are.
2) I am a technologist and entrepreneur at the core of my very being. I don’t fight it. I leverage that
as a unique differentiator to grow my businesses.
3) Even the most beautifully designed and logically laid out websites, without visitor traffic, aren’t
worth the bits and bytes they’re made up of.
Which leads me to why you are here…
4) Finding the right keywords and using them to draw traffic to your website can be critical to
Since you are interested in assessing keyword research tools, you have obviously figured out this little secret that too many business owners are oblivious to.
Websites that educate potential customers and market products and services, 24/7, are a huge contributor to my business successes. Eventually, I progressed to the point that other businesses pay me to provide these services for them.
I’m not saying this to brag. I just owe you a reason as to why you should bother to consider my advice.
With SEO, the playing field has been leveled. Wanna play?
If you’re talking keywords and search engines, then you are entering the realm of SEO, online marketing and social selling. This stuff used to send business owners running to the welcoming arms of high-priced digital marketing agencies to fork out (tens of) thousands of bucks to build them a site and attract customers to them.
I’m here to tell you that you don’t have to do that anymore. Just as website building tools, like Weebly, have advanced to the point that many businesses can do it themselves, so have keyword research tools, like SECockpit.
My take will be highly slanted toward my own personal experience, but isn’t that the point? Several keyword research tools exist. I’m sure that each have their advantages and disadvantages. I’m just telling you what worked for me and how you can copy my success.
The main reason why I use SECockpit? It’s easy enough for a business owner, yet robust enough for an SEO pro.Try SECockpit for free
What I use SECockpit for:
- Keyword research for search engines like Google, YouTube, Yahoo and Bing
- Can be divided by country to focus on local market (or stay global)
- Find popular keywords
- Find low competition keywords
- Finding long tail keywords specifically for video marketing on YouTube
You might think, “Google provides a lot of the most popular keyword phrases. Why would I need more than that?”
True. Google does provide basic info on popular keyword search phrases.
What SECockpit does is remove the veil of ambiguity around popular search keyword phrases by providing actual monthly search volumes of similar phrases, helping to zero in on groups of “niche” keywords.
Niche keywords are the ones you should be looking for. They have a combination of the most search volume and least competition. The sweet spot.
Advantages of SECockpit
- Pretty much every other keyword tool relies on Google for all its information and competition scores. These can be incorrect or incomplete. SECockpit uses a much better and more accurate method of gauging competition.
- Speed: You can perform thorough keyword research on hundreds of keywords in less than a couple of minutes.
- Hosted in the cloud and accessible from any browser. So, if you have an assistant, they can login and use it at the same time.
- No updates, maintenance or security issues to deal with.
- You can expand on a keyword search by entering additional keywords or pasting up to 100 additional keywords into an existing search.
- You can filter the data to hone in on specifics.
- You can export the keyword data to an Excel file for further analysis outside of SECockpit.
- For each keyword, you will see a full analysis of the top ten currently ranking pages for that keyword, including their PageRank, Domain Authority, on-page optimization factors, and backlink counts.
- Personal, Pro and Agency editions available. Select what’s best for you.
- Rank Tracker is included with your SECockpit subscription. (Pro & Agency Edition).
- Any keyword can be turned into a project which produces a to-do list of tasks to guide you through the process of improving your ranking for the chosen keyword.
- User defined tasks can be added.
- Extensive video training library and knowledge base.
- Free tech support for as long as you are a customer.
- Both monthly and annual subscriptions available.
- No questions asked, 30-day money back guarantee on all of their products.
How does it rank among other keyword research tools?
To quote one of the most prominent and successful digital marketers in the world, Brian Dean of Backlinko,
“SECockpit is probably the most advanced keyword research tool on the market. Yes, you enter a seed keyword and get suggestions like any other tool. But SECockpit can do so much more than list out a list of related keywords. It can spit out low competition keywords. It can show you keywords that get a minimum CPC in Adwords. It can even show you keywords that have YouTube, Ebay or Amazon results on the first page.”
Fast, simple to use and very reliable. Once you try it, you will wonder how you ever got along without it.
Monthly subscriptions start at $40. Well worth the investment if you are into web design or social
media marketing and require SEO to be a strength vs click and pray.